My Photo

I knit, I sew, I run, I look after children, I cook, I complain.  Sometimes all at the same time.

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Made It 2013

If you are not interested in knitting, crochet or sewing, LOOK AWAY NOW.

I've made a lot of things this year.  Lots of bloody baby grows for a start, as well as two skirts for me, numerous things for the children, accessories, jumpers, massive blankets, everything.  Except I haven't made some of the things I wanted to make.  I didn't manage to knit from stash every time; in fact, the stash grew exponentially, and is still growing.  Stuff I did make from stash didn't take as much as I thought I would need - I made a lovely cowl last night; less than a ball of Rowan Big Wool used, now what do I do with the rest?  I didn't knit from the queue much.  I got a few things done, but mostly  I made stuff I wanted to wear or give away, sneakily adding them to the queue just before casting on.

Some photos:


Noah's welcome to the world blanket.


A skirt for me - measure twice, cut once, use a safety pin to hold in the extra three inches of fabric.


Handmade Hallowe'en.


A dress for Lucy.


Lucy's birthday blanket.  


A dress made from fabric chosen by Lucy.  It looked much better than I thought it would.


The smallest socks I can be bothered to make.


Cape Town socks, pts 1 and 2.


Cape Town socks, pt 3.  The purple shrunk like a bugger (non-machine sock yarn - WHY?), so they now belong to Lucy.


Simon's socks.


Emotionally distant, solves crimes by itself.

Conspicuous by their absence: a welcome to the world handmade gift for baby Robin (the blanket I was working on was just too annoying, so I am going to give it to Lucy for her 6th birthday, and make him something else); Christmas knitting (my family apart from my daughters and husband do not deserve handmade stuff); Hattie's Birthday Owl Blanket (suffered from being addictive to make, so was put away, half finished, in February and not resurrected until after her birthday); anything for Simon apart from socks (tall men do not get knitted for - thirty inches of grey knitting is boring).

There are more photos on my Ravelry page, which can be found here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/sljuls?set=2013n&view=thumbnail

And for those of you who read this far (good Lord, why?), and aren't on Ravelry, there are photos on my flickr page here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliaclare/

2 comments:

  1. Throw the list and expectations out the window and glory in all you did make! Lovely items all--and now we are on to a new year.
    Happy New Year to you--I wish you lots of health and happiness and can't wait to see all you accomplish this coming year.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you too xx

      Delete