Wednesday 19 February 2014

WIP Wednesday


I'm having a bit of a deep red phase at the moment, wanting to use up the monstrous stash; the wool was bought for this pattern about 4 years ago, and has sat around for absolutely ages.  I used some of it to make the not Blue Bluebell Sweater, which I finished off, and made smaller a few weeks ago, and should still have enough to finish off this jumper.  I might need to send to America to get some more, as Lamb's Pride Worsted is not available in this country.  Thank goodness for the internet.

I've found the pattern really quite insanely complicated, which is probably my inexperience with cables, and a fairly steep learning curve.  I've more or less come to the end of the very difficult bit, and I'm going to split for the arms in a bit, then put it to one side for a while.  It's starting to get a bit warm for this amount of wool; it's jolly thick.

I've ordered a whole bunch of Cascade in Peacock, and I want to make two new jumpers, and then there are the thousands of WIPs still to plough through.  

Gin, anyone?

The List:

Wisteria - going well
Idlewood - next in the queue
Blue and Grey Socks - one sock done; casting on second sock before next Friday, as I want to knit it during my biannual haircut
Elephant blanket - one stripe made. Second stripe nearly finished. For Hattie's birthday
Peacock Mittens - one finished, bar the thumb (still)
Ringo and Elwood mittens - still queued

Owl Blanket - finished and done
Paper Dolls - finished and done
Peerie Flooers - finished and done
Alphabet Blanket for Noah - done
Granny's a Square Afghan - done

Hexipuff Quilt - 147/500 hexipuffs done
The Weather in the Streets - 40/400 squares done 

No comments:

Post a Comment