Wednesday 7 May 2014

Don't touch me Shannan. You're a dirty hippie and you do not get punk at all.

A bit about running.

After 2 and a half weeks, I've now done 3 weeks of the Couch to 5K, mostly by skipping one of the rest days, and running every other day since Easter Monday. Let me repeat that for those of you who know me in real life: I have been running every other day since Easter Monday.  This is really extraordinary.  I still can't say I actually enjoy it yet, but it's getting easier and easier, although this morning's run was a real bugger.  I can now do 4 minutes running without stopping or dying, and on Friday will attempt to run for 5.  I know it's not much really, but it's a lot better than I've ever done before.  The week after I get to run for 8 minutes.  Piece of cake.

A bit about sewing.


I made a stripy Coco at the weekend; Simon took the children to the pub, and I stayed at home and did stuff.  It took less than 2 hours from beginning to end.  What I want to know is why, when my measurements haven't changed, did the top come out so much bigger than the spotty one that I'm wearing now?  I used the size I've always used, and it is just a bit too big.  The fabric is from the lovely Village Haberdashery, and is gorgeous, and they sent it very quickly.  I want the Indigo and White stripe, and the Grey and White stripe too.  It must be a bit more stretchy than the fabrics I've used before.  My stripe matching was top notch, completely accidentally, but most pleasingly.  

A bit about knitting.

I made a present for my brand new nephew, but I've only just sent it off, so you'll have to look on Instagram to see it; as I don't know if my sister in law reads this, and I don't want to spoil the surprise.  But it's made me think: why not knit a Coco type top, as I love it so.  I've put some things on a Pinterest board, if you are bored, but it's not working very well at the moment.  Anyway, it involves buying more wool.  Because I can never have enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment