Wednesday 18 June 2014

I like on the table, when we're speaking, the light of a bottle of intelligent wine.

There is just so much to do.  Reports.  Assessments.  Justifying the assessments.  Preparing for my performance management.  Reading for my NASENCO course next year.  Writing IEPs for some of my children.  Reviewing IEPs for other children.  Making a file to justify why I should be paid more.  The list goes on and on and on, until I can't be doing with it anymore and have spent tonight drinking pink wine spritzers and dancing around the kitchen.  Then I ran out of fizzy water and just drank pink wine and danced until I fell over. It's taken me 20 minutes to type this paragraph.  Whoops.

Alan Bennett says that private education is basically not fair, and if you don't realise that at the end of your education, it's been a waste of education.  I might expand on that at some point, but I broadly agree.  He said a lot more than that, and you can read about it here in the Guardian.

What else?  More running.  More abs challenges.  I'm managing to follow the prescriptive programme although I've been doing crunches and oblique crunches, owing to not being able to do a sit up properly.  Simon sat on my feet tonight, and it turns out that I can do them, so I will incorporating them into my routine tomorrow.  110 crunches is a lot of crunches.  I've still got to sign up for that 5k race next month; it's in Richmond Park, so will have hills.  I don't like hills, but I managed one the other day, so it should be ok.  I hope.

Oh golly.  No sewing for weeks, some light knitting on the very fabulous MYRNA cardigan, more soon.

I have to go and lie down now.  Friends don't let friends blog after a few glasses of wine, but husbands do.  The stinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment