Thursday 24 July 2014

The sea is just a wetter version of the skies

More camping, this time on the gorgeous Isle of Wight.  I've never been there before, which surprises people who don't remember/realise that my cut glass RP hides all sorts of foreignness.


We were promised crap weather, and on Saturday morning, it wasn't great.  Except that didn't last at all.  It was absolutely gorgeous from about 1pm on, actually hot and sunny.  Wonderful.  We met up with a friend and his son, and everyone really enjoyed themselves.


I wish we'd stayed longer.  It was a really lovely few days, and felt like a proper line drawn under the insanely busy half term that had preceded it.


Ryde Beach is really lovely, even in the rain. I can see how you'd go properly mad there in the winter, but in the summer, it's glorious.


I'm trying a bit more of realistic approach to writing about the kids.  I like to think that I'm relatively clear sighted about their tantrums and general annoy habits; this photo shows a pre-dinner snack, successfully warding off bad temper.  


No comments:

Post a Comment