Thursday 11 September 2014

And it called our calculation perfect love

This time, six years ago, I was in labour with Lucy.  I'm not going to go into grisly details - no one needs to know that, and anyway, I don't really remember it all that clearly.  I had a semi-elective caesarian in the end - semi elective, because I was offered the chance to keep going for another 12 hours or so and then having a c-section, or just having one on her due date.


Fast forward 6 years, and these are my children today.


It was Hattie's first day at Nursery today.  Apparently she had a brilliant time, but can't remember what happened; she's learning fast.

It's been a pretty smooth road for the last six years; both girls eat most things except macaroni cheese, and I can clearly remember sleepless nights because they were so rare.  They've both been very healthy and are happy, confident, outgoing girls.  Lucy, in particular, is very keen on school, which has made everyone's lives easier, and her reading is really outstanding.  Hattie has an original mind, as I may have mentioned before, and told me this morning that I should go home after dropping her at Nursery, and she would see me at the weekend.  We are so blessed.  I don't like to go on and on about things being great, but indulge me just sometimes.  

I think I might be a bit drunk.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad starting nursery went well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves it, and missed it yesterday when she was off sick. She trots in very happily and doesn't look back.

      Delete