Wednesday 21 January 2015

And I would have definitely gone to my reunion, but the boat I was educated on sank.

I'm out of class a lot this week.  Today I've been to a SEND reforms conference, which was a combination of far too much information and very, very interesting.  The best bit was hearing from young people with additional needs talking about their experiences - Ealing is a very good borough, and our young people are intelligent and articulate.  Hurrah for us.

Anyway, no more about teaching or SENCO-ing for now.  I've started my intervention, and it's good fun, and the children seem to be enjoying it.

  • An Owlet for Hattie - FINISHED.  Have a crappy photo.
  • The Weather in the Streets - January to August done AND SEWN TOGETHER.  September in progress.  I've got 6 more happy squares to add to it.  I need a break from the damn thing soon.
  • Lucy Attic24 Ripple Blanket - rippling away quietly in the background - one or two stripes every couple of days.  I might do a couple more over the weekend.
  •  Ringo and Elwood mittens.  I've finished the right hand one of Hattie's pair.  Now to make the other one, and then to make Lucy's.
  • I started a new jumper for a selfish knit along.  It's an Aiken by Andy Satterlund, and you can find the pattern here.  It's very satisfying to knit a lace panel in worsted weight wool.  
The rest of the list is depressingly familiar to how it was before.
  • Wisteria jumper - I would quite like to wear this now, it's jolly cold in the house at the moment. 
  • Owl Obsession for one of my godsons - it's for his second birthday.  I've bought the pattern.
  • Hexipuff Quilt (I'm aiming to get 250/500 done by the end of June 2015) Ho hum. I've sewn the ones I was sent on to the blanket, and they look great. 
  • Burton Bear cowl for Hattie.  Brown wool found.  Placed in knitting bag with pattern and needles.  Awaiting cast on fairy.
  • Nicholas' POP blanket - There are still 9 completed squares.   Needs to be done by April, so not that long to go.  Aargh.
  • Peacock Mitten - one done, started the other.
  • Coraline cardigan - moved to be finished by February; this is Britain, it will still be cold then
  • Petrie top - I have some rather fine Peacock coloured yarn to make this with, but it is a spring weight top, so it is on hold until February 2015.
  • Knitted Coco - got the yarn, found a different pattern which I need to buy and print out,  just got to start.  Also, see above.
  • Socks for me - meh
  • Rainbow jumper - I have more Kauni wool, I just need the background colour.  Then I'll start it as soon as I finish the Owlet.
  • A Little Birds jumper with no steeks - still planning
  • Reknit an unwearably large jumper for Simon - apparently, he does want me to do this.
Done:
Myrna Cardigan
Hattie's cardigan.
A pair of simple socks for the children
Garter Yoke Cardigan
An Owlet for Lucy
Lucy's Cowl
Hattie's Cowl
A Burton Bear Cowl for Lucy
Simon's socks
Boreal
A tiny jumper for Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment