Thursday 15 January 2015

I have many leather bound books!

Yet another internet challenge, this time to do with reading.


Can you read that?  If not, and you're interested, and why wouldn't you be, go and have a look over here at the original list.  I'm using it as a prompt to read with a bit more focus, rather than just "this one is next".  At the moment, I'm mostly reading books by women - I say " mostly", it's the 15th of January for goodness sake and I've only read 3 books so far this year.  I don't think any of them come under any of the categories, not even "books I own, but have never read".  

There's absolutely nothing stopping me only reading women writers this year, except the strong desire to re-read the Mapp and Lucia books, and remind myself that they were far from a camp romp - let's do the thirties!  And overact our little socks off!  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

So far this year, I've (re)read Civil to Strangers by Barbara Pym, Yes Please by Amy Poehler, A Fair Barbarian by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and I'm currently reading Every Eye by Isobel English.  They are all as different from each other as they can possibly be, and are confusing the algorithms on GoodReads no end.  I think I'll read either an Iris Murdoch next, or reread The Tenant of Wildfell Hall - it's been years since I read any Bronte novels, and I did love them dearly. 

I love making plans in January, then looking at them again in July and laughing at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment