Thursday 29 January 2015

I wouldn't say you were thoughtless. Not just any guy would walk a gal to the morgue.

A bit of an update.  I haven't written anything for ages because I'm so tired and fed up with the whole thing and only knitting will help.  Honestly, I'm working every hour there is just to stand still, and I'm getting to absolute breaking point.  One more thing, and I'll scream the place down.

Anyway.  Nice knitting.  Playing with string and sticks is the only thing at the moment.
  • My Aiken is going really rather well, I'm nearly finished with the body, then just the sleeves to go.  It's a very quick and satisfying knit.  I do like the pattern very much, and I think I might make a couple more.
  • Ringo and Elwood mittens.  One down, half of the second done.  Another lovely quick knit.
  • The Weather in the Streets - January to August done AND SEWN TOGETHER.  September in progress.  I've got 6 more happy squares to add to it.  I'm having a break now, it's doing my head in.
The rest of the list is depressingly familiar to how it was before.  Still.  Ah well.  Long time until June.
  • Lucy Attic24 Ripple Blanket - on hold.
  • Wisteria jumper - I would quite like to wear this now, it's jolly cold in the house at the moment. 
  • Owl Obsession for one of my godsons - it's for his second birthday.  I've bought the pattern.
  • Hexipuff Quilt (I'm aiming to get 250/500 done by the end of June 2015) Ho hum. I've sewn the ones I was sent on to the blanket, and they look great. 
  • Burton Bear cowl for Hattie.  Brown wool found.  Placed in knitting bag with pattern and needles.  Awaiting cast on fairy.
  • Nicholas' POP blanket - There are still 9 completed squares.   Needs to be done by April, so not that long to go.  Aargh.
  • Peacock Mitten - one done, started the other.
  • Coraline cardigan - moved to be finished by February; this is Britain, it will still be cold then
  • Petrie top - I have some rather fine Peacock coloured yarn to make this with, but it is a spring weight top, so it is on hold until February 2015.
  • Knitted Coco - got the yarn, found a different pattern which I need to buy and print out,  just got to start.  Also, see above.
  • Socks for me - meh
  • Rainbow jumper - I have more Kauni wool, I just need the background colour.  Then I'll start it as soon as I finish the Owlet.
  • A Little Birds jumper with no steeks - still planning
  • Reknit an unwearably large jumper for Simon - apparently, he does want me to do this.
Done:
Myrna Cardigan
Hattie's cardigan.
A pair of simple socks for the children
Garter Yoke Cardigan
An Owlet for Lucy
Lucy's Cowl
Hattie's Cowl
A Burton Bear Cowl for Lucy
Simon's socks
Boreal
A tiny jumper for Nicholas
Sparkly Owlet for Hattie

2 comments:

  1. What are you knitting your Aiken with? I was going to knit it but decided to go with another Andi Satterlund sweater. Might knit it next. Look forward to seeing yours finished. Keep knitting - it's great stress relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry not to reply before - things are hectic here. The Aiken is in Cascade 220, a yarn I love almost more than my husband. Good value too.

      Delete