Wednesday 11 February 2015

That guy wanted to buy me a drink? I already have one. Do you think he'd buy me mozzarella sticks?

Sometimes the best solution to stressing out over writing an essay is just to get on with it and write the damn thing.  I've already done a bit of the literature review, a pen portrait of each of the children in my intervention and a table of assessments, but nothing else.  I think once the rationale is done, I'll feel a bit more clearheaded about the whole thing.  The other thing that's stressing me out is how to get results.  I think I'm going to have to use thematic analysis, and record how many movements the children are able to copy in a given session.  If all else fails, I'm just going to make it up.  Further research is needed.

It's so stressful writing serious things, when all you ever write is light-hearted drivel about knitting.
  • Ringo mittens.  DONE AND DONE.  Hattie, delightful child, has even consented to wear them twice.
  • The Aiken is going quite well.  I have altered the design of the sleeves to suit my personality, and am half way through the first one.  Won't be done by Valentine's Day, might be done by the end of half term. 
  • The Weather in the Streets - on hold.  It is doing my head in. 
  • Lucy Attic24 Ripple Blanket - I've done another half a dozen or so rows.  Lucy is starting to complain that she hasn't got it yet.  Each ripple takes me about 30 minutes.  I crochet REALLY SLOWLY.
  • Lucy's stripey jumper.  It's my go to project for sitting at ballet.  
  • *NEW* Hattie's 4th birthday blanket.  Only 3 months late in starting this.  36 Rainbow Granny Squares.  2 done.
  • Wisteria jumper - sleeve island.
  • Owl Obsession for one of my godsons - it's for his second birthday.  His birthday is in SEPTEMBER PEOPLE.
  • Hexipuff Quilt (I'm aiming to get 250/500 done by the end of June 2015) NO
  • Burton Bear cowl for Hattie.  Brown wool lost again.  Curses.
  • Nicholas' POP blanket - There are still 9 completed squares.  Again.  Next week, there will be 10.  Yes.
  • Peacock Mitten - oh God, this is too depressing.
  • Coraline cardigan - moved to be finished by February; this is Britain, it will still be cold then
  • Petrie top - too cold to think about spring weight tops.  
  • Knitted Coco -see above.
  • Socks for me - I have no suitable sock wool that I like.
  • Rainbow jumper - still depressed about losing jumper 1, and in mourning.  
  • A Little Birds jumper with no steeks - still planning
  • Reknit an unwearably large jumper for Simon - March project
Done:

Myrna Cardigan
Hattie's cardigan.
A pair of simple socks for the children
Garter Yoke Cardigan
An Owlet for Lucy
Lucy's Cowl
Hattie's Cowl
A Burton Bear Cowl for Lucy
Simon's socks
Boreal
A tiny jumper for Nicholas
Sparkly Owlet for Hattie
Ringo mittens

In running news, I have signed up for another 10k and a half marathon.  I need to get my speeds up.  Unfortunately, the sodding job is so busy that I can't find time to run at the moment.  Hurry up Spring and lighter evenings, so I can go out for an hour at least when the girls are in bed.  I really don't want to get up any earlier.

I will nag about sponsorship at a later date.



No comments:

Post a Comment