Tuesday 28 April 2015

Are you holding back your fondness due to his unmanly blondness?

When I make something for one child, I have to make an incredibly similar something for the other.  So it was only a matter of time until Hattie reminded me that she needed an Elsa dress too.



I used the same pattern as before, but managed to count the panels on the skirt properly this time, and didn't have to bodge it at all.  When I made Lucy's dress, I made the overskirt in one piece; this time, I cut out panels.  The first method, but a bit bigger would have been better; sewing that floaty stuff did my head in.

As you can see, it's pretty sparkly.  Hattie insisted on having the jewels at the neckline, even if they're slightly lost in the whole.


A close up of the snowflakes; they are fabulous, silver on the palest of pale blues.  


Cloak.  It's not an Elsa dress without a cloak.  This one safety pins onto the shoulders.  

Honestly, I got this dress finished on either the Thursday or Friday night (they all blur into one in the holidays) and Hattie wore it to her friend's party on the Saturday.


She had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment