Wednesday 8 April 2015

For, you see, so many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible.

We did some baking today.  After all the cycling and swimming and walking and looking at statues of sheep yesterday, we decided to have a bit more of a homebody day today.  The children were both exhausted, and agreed to stay in bed until 9; the plan was flawed, as the light wakes them, then they play for a while, then come down to us to get us up, which was not really early, but was definitely before 9.  I know I shouldn't complain really, and they are good sleepers both of them, but I really needed a rest after yesterday, and I didn't get one.  Sucks to be me, FML and all the other things people who are really privileged but are having a bad day say.

I like reading Joy the Baker's blog; I've ever made any of her recipes because I am a lazy, lazy cook, but these biscuits sounded amazing on first read through.  Peanut butter is delicious, chocolate is delicious, and a combination of the two sounds delicious.  Then I re-read it and wtf bacon?  Even though I love bacon, it has no place in biscuits with chocolate.  With peanut butter, maybe.

Anyway, we made the biscuits.  I did the donkey work, the girls rolled them in sugar and, of course, ate them.


Hattie has a party on Saturday afternoon, and requires a Frozen dress.  I'd better get on with it then.  Two days to make a dress is probably enough, except I've managed to lose the first page of the instructions; how terrifically irritating.  

Ho hum, I'm sure enough sequins, sparkly pink gems and floaty underskirts will make up for dodgy sewing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment