Friday 10 April 2015

I wouldn't know. I've never been hungover. After I've had too much whiskey, I cook myself a large flank steak, pan fried in salted butter. I eat that, put on a pair of wet socks and go to sleep.


Last day of the holidays today, and even though I've really enjoyed it, I'm sort of looking forward to going back to work next week.  Actually I'm really looking forward to my children going back to school; and I will actually take some time in the mornings; I'd like to spend at least one morning a fortnight doing something that isn't being at school unpaid.  After all, it's highly likely that my work schedule will change in September, so it's best to make the most of it now while I still can.  I might even do some sewing.  There's a dress I want to make as part of a Simplicity Blogging Challenge, and I've got the fabric chosen and I bought the pattern (the top pattern, the 1960s shift dress) yonks ago.  Just need to email them about it.


Anyway, what else would we spend our last day of holiday doing but something crafty, and we went to Badger and Earl again for a potato printing fun session.  The girls had a great time making their own tea towels, and choosing some fabric for another summer dress; although Hattie apparently wants a skirt now, not a dress.  She has enough dresses actually Mummy (sfx: massive sigh, eye roll).   She'll be asking for leggings next, which look easy enough.  A voyage into underpinnings, how exciting.



We all loved Badger and Earl, and I think we'll go again as a treat in half term; maybe I'll even take Lucy to make some finger puppets.   She can't sew yet, but I'll have a go at teaching her.  We saw some lovely examples, and she'd really like one of her own.  I can always help her if she gets stuck.


See these amazing works of art?  Lucy's is all her own work, and started off very careful and lovely until she realised that she could use her fingers, and then it got a bit messy.  Still great, of course.



This one is Hattie's, and she did most of it herself; I was impressed that she didn't get bored sooner.  They seem to enjoy crafty things or they could just be humouring their mad old mum.  I'm not sure I mind either way.

I do recommend Badger and Earl by the way.  It's very lovely indeed, and as I've said before, only a bus ride from my house.  The bus ride feels a lot longer when you have two children sing all 50 verses of "The Wheels on the Bus" next to you, and I apologise to all the other passengers on the E3.

No comments:

Post a Comment