Saturday 4 April 2015

Once I accidentally drank an entire bottle of vinegar. I thought it was terrible wine.

More sewing, this time for the children.  I only make very simple dresses for the girls, they grow so very fast, and I don't like fussy things on little girls.  The pattern I use is a Simplicity one, and it is about as simple as you can get.  Two dress shapes, front and back, bias bounding on the armholes and the neck and a hem.  The girls get to choose their own fabric, and the dresses take me all of an hour to cut out and sew up.


Lucy hasn't worn hers yet, so no modelled shots yet. You can see how simple it is, although I should probably retrace it, so that it's longer.  The dress is very pretty, but it's definitely one to go over a top and leggings.


Hattie has not only worn hers twice, she has also got chocolate on it and probably pen.  Here she is, about to go on an adventure.  She has her minion backpack and shoes on; we bought them from the boys section of Bratano near Hobbycraft; for goodness sake, minions are for everyone, especially bonkers 4 year old girls.  


We are making preparations for her 5th birthday party and her minion cake.  Her birthday is in December.  It's going to be a long 9 months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment