Friday 8 May 2015

I’ll have a Manhattan. And kick the vermouth to the side with a pair of steel-toed boots.

I'm not going to mention the election.  I'm simply going to say that we personally will be a lot better off under the Tories, which is a really good thing, because now we can afford to spend even more money giving to the Ealing food bank, the Night Shelter and the Women's Refuge.  So every cloud and all that.  I'm glad London is still resolutely red, and that Farage didn't get the seat he wanted, and that my lovely MP kept his seat - a man of principle, not principles I necessarily endorse, but I'd rather that than the other thing.  I'm bracing myself for the next round of pissing about with education; I suspect all the SEND children I'm going to be co-ordinating will be expected to be less autistic, visually impaired, cognitively impaired and dyslexic.  I'm dreading the fact that the malevolent little meerkat will most probably be in charge again.  I feel strikes coming on.

I'm too depressed to take photos, and I was going to spend tonight sewing, but it's dark and there's gin to drink and Agents of SHIELD to watch, and so I'm going to do those things.  I might even finish my Miette, if I can find the rest of the green wool I've hidden carefully in the stash.

Me Made May pictures tomorrow when I'm feeling less furious and murderous.

No comments:

Post a Comment