Monday 21 September 2015

Global warming? Sorry, sir, that's just scientist talk. The same people who say my grandfather was a monkey. If that's true, why was he killed by a monkey?

Well, it's Monday night and no one in the Croyden household has been sick for at least 72 hours, so I'm going to tentatively stick my head above the parapet and say that we are better than we were.  What a delightful few days it has been, but it's a new week now and I'm full of energy at the moment.  This may not last.



Two weeks ago, I went to the Great London Yarn Crawl Market Place, organised by the women at Yarn in the City.  I've started listening to knitting podcasts, a hobby my husband finds amusing but indulges me in provided I don't ask him to listen too.  I've found a couple that are not to my taste: basically, if the woman's voice makes me want to stab my own ears, I stop listening; and I've now found a couple that I really like.  The Knitmore Girls Intergenerational Hour is my favourite, but they are on maternity leave at the moment.  Video podcasts annoy me far more than seems rational, but now I've discovered I can use my phone for other things while listening, I'm a lot calmer about them.



Back to the Market Place.  I spent a bit of money on lovely things, lovely things for me and no one else. Some beautiful grey wool from Kettle Yarns to make a Tambourine cardigan, oh my goodness, it is so luxurious and gorgeous.  Some hand-dyed yarn from TravelKnitter to make these mittens, orange and grey, sophisticated.  Her Etsy shop is on a break at the moment, but know that the yarn is Blue Faced Leicester Superwash Sock, and dyed in Walthamstow, E17.  So I will be singing while I knit.  Some beautiful wool from Triskelion Yarn and Fibre to make a scarf , a beautiful deep blue green colour.  A renewed subscription to PomPom magazine, which I love, but haven't made anything from yet.  Too busy catching up with patterns from 2008.  


It was a lovely afternoon, and a lovely venue.  Next time I'm going to buy from Midwinter Yarns; googling them shows me they'll be at Yarndale on Saturday.  I can't wait.  All the knitting, all the sewing, all the time.  Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment