Wednesday 18 November 2015

I wrote a book. "The First Historical Guide to Pawnee." I wrote it as a reference for myself, but then my campaign advisors said we should make it a big wide release. So we had people contribute, we added pictures, and we removed a lot of my poems and emotional ramblings and pictures of unicorns and here it is!

I'm not getting into a rhythm at all at work.  Well, I am, but it's not really a sustainable one.  Now I've actually got my job, I'm going to try to set my own hours to a certain extent; baby steps.  I feel I'm going to be full time before I really want to be.  Ah teaching, the job that keeps on taking.

Still, there's been a bit of a break in the clouds today, in the unlikely shape of Hat having a very high temperature and fever and Simon working in town, meaning that I had to stay at home and not go in at all.  In between fetching and carrying and doing my planning, I was able to knit, bake bread, make soup, dye a jacket and do two loads of washing, and bizarrely all these things meant that I could reset my brain.

So.  In the last month, what have I made from the never-ending list?



I finished my Wisteria jumper this afternoon.  It has taken FOREVER to make, with its complicated cables that require concentration.  I immediately wondered whether I had it in me to make a grey one out of Cascade 220; turns out, I don't.

The jumper is made out of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, in the Prairie Fire colour.  The yarn is a mohair blend and very fuzzy and gorgeous.  I used 6 mm needles, in the round for the body, and DPNs for the sleeves.  It took such a long time because I spent a lot of time willing it to finish itself, and I didn't really want to work on it during the summer.  A couple of kilos of mohair on your lap is not conducive to keeping cool.



A very dear friend of mine had twin boys, so they needed a gift.  Each.  I felt that they needed a separate but matching vest top, in vibrant rainbow shades.  I used the same pattern for both and the same balls of yarn but in a different order, and I think they are pretty striking.  The necklines might be a bit tight, but I stretched them out over a pretty big pumpkin and they went over fine, and the boys have smaller heads than the pumpkin.

I made an Urchin hat as part of the FESA thing, but I haven't photographed yet.  Too busy wearing it constantly.

Hexipuff Quilt: I think it is now 195 out of 500.  Not sure.  I should probably count them at some point; I think I will make another ten and then count.

Vianne cardigan: Finished.  I gave it a new button band, and a new ribbon and I'm really pleased with it now.  It sat on my new dressmaker's dummy for a while, and looked smashing.

Simon's massive man socks: I've made one.  I can't now find the other ball of black flecked sock yarn.  Bum.  It's either in the stash somewhere, or I went mad and only bought one ball.

The Rainbow Raglan: Still waiting for sleeves.

This One's for Parties Vintage Jumper: I'm not entirely happy with this.  I've shelved it for now, and I will get back to it.  Maybe a 2016 vintage pledge.  Hem.

The Yellow Petrie: I want to say I've finished this, but I can't.

These are things that are waiting to be started.  Still.  They will (may) get made before July, or they may not.

A present for Robin: I don't like that owl blanket.  I'm going to make him a vest in the Knit Picks wool I bought about two years ago.  

Finish the Peacock Mittens
Miette cardigan in Lemon
Cream and Beige Coco style boatneck striped top
Sun-Ray Ribbing Vintage Jumper
Ishbel scarf thing
Waterhouse Mittens

Reknit Simon's Cobblestone jumper

Mini Hetty cardigan with sleeves for Lucy 
Bright Rainbow Blanket for Lucy

Burton Bear cowl for Hattie
Mini Hetty cardigan with sleeves also for Hattie
Minion blanket for Hattie 

No comments:

Post a Comment