Monday 15 January 2018

Cos you shine on me wherever you are

Last year, I joined a Linden swap on Instagram.  I bought the fabric and got it all ready and all that, and then spent all of December being ill with a series of coughs and colds, and all things unpleasant, so my poor swap partner got her jumper late.


As you can see, it's a grown up and mature fabric, and I really want one of my own too, but I'm trying to use up some stash before replacing it with yet more stash.

I had enough left to make Hattie a sweatshirt, which she was, at best, lukewarm about.  


Check out my arty work in progress shot.  I'm still ill, and after a month and a half of nonsense, thought I should probably go to the doctor, so I took the morning off work.  Unheard of, but very nice to sew before school.  

Despite my horrid chest infection, and antibiotics to prove it, I finished the sweatshirt in one day.  What a hero.

 

No, I wasn't allowed to iron it.  She went from lukewarm to super excited in the space of about thirty minutes.


This is Hattie sulking about me asking her to take it off so I can put cuffs on it.


The cuffs are unusually long, as requested by the fashion expert.  Apparently they will keep her hands warm at all times, and won't in any way become grey, grubby and unpleasant.


She took it off to go to bed, but it was in the bed with her.  I've wrestled it off her because she got gravy on the front, and the cuffs were mysteriously grey and grubby.  It's drying on the radiator at the moment, because I think she'll want to wear it again tomorrow.

Pattern: traced off an as yet unmade tee-shirt for her and made a bit bigger
Fabric: star-print sweater knit from eBay
Size: 7 year old nutter


No comments:

Post a Comment